Windows update KB2919355 fails to install - Error code 800F0922

Windows 8.1 Update for x64-based Systems (KB2919355)

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800F0922

System got to 89% then said it couldn't complete the updates and that it would back out the updates.  15 minutes later, I'm back where I started.

Is it possible windows defender or other virus scanner blocked this update?

Question Info

Last updated September 28, 2019 Views 74,985 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same problem here. It's blocked for 10 minutes at 75%, then moves on normally to 99% and finally the message that the update couldn't be done, and 40 minutes of undoing...

30 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem :/

I've already tried to run Clean Boot and I've turned off firewall, but no change.

Maybe it's because antivirus? I'm using AVG...

Any ideas?

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here as well. Failed 4 times so far.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried everything I could find without any success.

I turned off AVG, Windows Firewall, installed every other Update I could find.

Checked to make sure I am the Admin, etc ,etc.

I think it is just another non working program.

I don't know about you, but I can't find any free MS Support.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

We can continue to try every "solution" proposed here to no avail, or we can put some pressure on a company headquartered in Washington state to fix their defective update. Once again, it is amazing to me that we continue to chase our tails on this forum while Redmon remains silent and doesn't bother to issue a press release, a post or squat. The problem they have created seems to have been ignored by us, the media and everyone else. Unbelievable. 

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. Installation ends by 99% and then the message that the update couldn't be done, and maybe 40 minutes undoing...  In system log error code 800F0922 for KB2919355.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had this (KB 291355 fails with 800f0922) happen twice.  It's worse than an install problem, it gave a BSOD etc.

I wonder why this appears not to have been tested enough?

Details:

1. Machine in 64 bit Win 8.1,
  2. with Media Centre,
  3. set up to never run in "metro mode" except under direst of situations.

I like the OS even though the Metro "experience" can't be entirely banished.

1. KB 2919355 presented as an option, not ticked.
  2. I installed other patches first before trying this one.
  3. First install went to completion then said "We couldn't complete the changes. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer."
  4. Then it uninstalled.
  5. Ran sfc / scannow. It found one file that was suspect ("Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" : Found: {l:32 b:5gW7lKEb/1Wk+ahLnhdoae2xeoyRqb48zi+s9nKgDUE=} Expected: {l:32 b:n520k714Uu3utHa5JGQ6HQYbZphKhlMWq5pEmfnCDuw=}).
  6. Ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth which fixed it. (I found that this little beauty (CNBJ2530.DPB) is fairly common, couldn't find root cause though!) Thought problem solved.
  7. Installed from Update again.
  8. Same process, it uninstalled itself.
  9. Then I got a BSOD. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.
  10. Never seen before. Is it caused by the Update?
  11. Then machine wouldn't boot, said HDD was a problem. Shut down and left it overnight.
  12. Went through troubleshooting next day. BIOS based troubleshooting, long list of tests. All passed including HDD.
  13. Then restarted Windows worked as expected with maybe a bit of extra time at start (checking out / fixing OS?).
  14. Has now run for a day, no problems.
  15. Discussed with hardware supplier support (Dell). Only suggestion was that it was the update did it. Had a look at the update log, my untrained eye didn't spot any obvious cause, or "FATAL" entries. I'm currently downloading the manual install option.

Anybody have any suggestions about installing that before I bite the bullet.

My plan is,

• START
  • create restore point,
  • apply next update in sequence,
  • BACK TO START AFTER TESTING UNTIL DONE.

After above:  This is still a bust, similar failures.  By reporting it here I might help others.

Update 2014-04-16.

1. I did as follows (in the absence of being able to find any sure guidance).
  2. Checked partitions, none full so that's not an issue.
  3. Found a couple of references that the 2919355 installer is borked. http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Fix-80070020-80073712-and-0x800f081f-Errors-on-Windows-8-1-Update-437334.shtml and http://superuser.com/questions/741065/cannot-install-windows-8-1-update-kb2919355-windows-update-error-80073712.
  4. These suggest some additional DISM work to clear out junk left by previous install. (Your own risk, I don't understand DISM sufficiently.)

I did it, seemed to work fine. Made a restore point. Installed 2919355 from manual msu file. It went to completion, went into reboots etc. then gave me the "We couldn't... screen". It then went a bit further, ran a reboot then got yet another we couldn't BSOD...

Exception code the same even though symptoms differ.

The help screens from installer are still empty, unacceptable, somebody is asleep at the wheel.

That's enough for me. Good luck to you.

Update 2014-04-28. On my last look the official pages for this download have not been updated. The guys who supplied my system, and may be technically responsible (to some degree) refer to the MS install by hand link, so they aren't ahead of me.

This fault ID clearly conflates more than one underlying issue so that the error code (800F0922) by itself is not enough to identify the problem.

I see at least 3 problems,

1. Reserved Partition Full,
  2. unable to invoke netcfg
  3. and whatever I have.

(That might be useful to others finding themselves in update ****. It's not clear cut.)

Be careful of editing your posts, the editor can bork them

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have tried to install this update 3 times, and receive error code: 80070246. even re-booted and tried. I clicked the link to get help with this error, and no support was found. I verified the other associated update was installed, kb2919442, and it was. also appears my other updates have the same error code 80070246.

any options?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 8.1 Update for x64-based Systems (KB2919355)

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800F0922

System got to 89% then said it couldn't complete the updates and that it would back out the updates.  15 minutes later, I'm back where I started.

Is it possible windows defender or other virus scanner blocked this update?

I have exactly the same problem.  Using Windows 8.1 and KB2919355 fails to install with Error Code 80073712.  Followed all of the suggestions to fix like troubleshooting, Mr Fix it for Windows Update and when I rerun Update, I get the same failure and error.  How can I send an email to Microsoft Support to get support to fix the problem?  I tried to install manually by going to Microsoft support.  During the process of starting the download and install of KB29199355 I got a message that says "This update is not applicable to your computer".  I understand that KB2919442 must be installed prior to KB2919355 and I got a message that it is installed on my computer after trying to reinstall.  Not sure I understand--go to Microsoft Update and KB is a missing update, then try to install manually and it is not for my computer.  Which one is correct?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have gotten at least 4 different error numbers in the 10 times or so I have tried to install. I always appears to be running fine up to almost 100% , then stops and I get a different error message. I have had NO success finding anywhere to contact MS without paying a service. They create the error then charge you to fix it, must be nice to keep raking in the bucks.

I have tried shutting down Antivirus and anything else they may interfere, but nothing makes a difference.

Sorry this didn't help.