Question

Q: Windows 8.1 Windows Update Error Code 80072EFE

I'm sorry if it's already been posted, but I couldn't find anything myself that pertained to my issues. April 28, 2014 I had to purchase a new laptop because my previous one had bit the dust. Brand new laptop. I was able to update to a certain point and then this update error code 80072EFE happened every time I went to check for more updates. I then proceeded to revert back to before I started doing anything. That had worked up until I got to the same point again. I can not view update history at this time because something I tried that was supposed to work had deleted the update history along with it. I have ran CCleaner and fixed everything that showed. I'm still having problems. I've ran MalwareBytes and Avast twice and nothing has came up.

Along with this, I'm also having problems connecting to the store.

I've ran the troubleshooter from clicking "Get help with this error" and it says that "Problems installing recent updates" was not fixed and "Check for missing or corrupt files" was detected and that "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."This is the laptop I had purchased:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-satin-black/5236179.p?id=1219116001209&skuId=5236179&st=satellite&cp=1&lp=1

Answer

A:

Like I had said, my Microsoft account used my Yahoo e-mail. My account had to use my Microsoft account to log in to my computer. I had problems until I switched to the Outlook e-mail for the Microsoft account. Everything is fine now. I can check for updates and access the store. This is just my result to fixing the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 6,557 Last updated: May 8, 2018 Applies to: