On several occasions the update KB2919355 has failed to install with error code 80073712 on my computer. I have an HP envy with touch support, which came with Windows 8 64-bit preinstalled. Latest updates (including 8.1) have been applied. The machine has issues with the fingerprint reader not working on occasion as well as blurry text in some windows despite a 1920x1080 display, but I don't see how that is related.
I have tried the following:
- created a .bat file with the lines
%windir%\system32\Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
%windir%\system32\Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
%windir%\system32\Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
in it and
- ran it as an administrator. ScanHealth reports that the component store is repairable. CheckHealth reports the same. However, RestoreHealth is stuck at 40% after 12 hours. I terminated the process. The log file in C:\WINDOWS\LOGS\DISM is a garbled mess with Chinese characters.
- I read here on this forum that I should run Microsoft's safety scanner, which I did. It reports no problems.
2) Another attempt:
- Created a batch script (from another thread here) with the lines
net stop wuauserv
ren Download Download.old
net start wuauserv
net stop bits
net start bits
net stop cryptsvc
ren catroot2 catroot2old
net start cryptsvc
in it and
- ran it is admin. It runs successfully, but the error is the same (80073712)
3) Ran the windows troubleshooter from Windows help and it reports the following:
Problems installing recent updates (not fixed)
Check for missing or corrupt files (detected) [SFC Output, Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service]
Some security settings are missing or have been changed (fixed)
Service registration is missing or corrupt (fixed)
4) Followed the instructions given here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/kb2919355-windows-81-update-fails-800f0092-and/4d4d23a3-695a-4bd4-b340-d2ce9c75919d
- Opened command prompt with as admin
dism /online /remove-package /packagename:Package_for_KB2919355~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~184.108.40.206
This reports that it's removing the package and gets to 100% quickly and then sits there for a while before finishing successfully.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
This again gets to 20% within seconds, makes it up to 40% after a half hour and does nothing afterwards. Should I let this tool run for multiple days to see if it creeps up to 60%?
I am out of ideas. I would rather not refresh my PC at this point. Are there any other solutions?