Receiving error when updating, error "800F0244"

Hello community,

I was updating my computer through PC settings. I saw that there were new updates available, so I tried to update it, but it said that an error had occured. It said, "There was a problem installing updates" The update I was trying to install, if relevant, was, as it was listed, "Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics"

I tried restarting my computer, but it kept occurring. It also happened with different updates in the past but eventually they got updated. I am asking this because I am moving, and I will not be able to use my computer very much for a period of time.

Thank you in advance

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2019 Views 13,381 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with the issue.

This issue may arise when there are issues with the Windows update components. Try the following methods to fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter

Try to run the Windows update troubleshooter, it will detect and resolve the most common issues with the Windows updates. To do so, follow the link below. You may also follow some other common solutions on the same articles.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/windows-update-issues

Method 2: Reset Windows Update components

If the issue is with the Windows update components, this method will resolve the issue by repairing all the components associated with it. Click on the link below and follow the article on the same.

How do I reset Windows Update Components?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Method 3: Clean Boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. To know more, follow the article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section ‘How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting’.

Hope this information was helpful.

Regards,
Sahil Bali

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All three methods not fixing this issue. Seems like many are facing with the same Intel HD Graphics Update.

Though troubleshooter fixing below issues,  But even after w/reboot the update fails.

Issues found
Windows Update error 0x80070490(2015-06-27-T-11_43_06A)
Windows Update error 0x80070490(2015-06-27-T-11_43_06A)
Fixed
Resetting Windows Update data store
Completed
Problems installing recent updates
Problems installing recent updates
Fixed
Repair Windows Update
Completed

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Madhan,

From your post I understand that when you run the troubleshooter it says that it has taken care of the issue but you are still unable to install the update for the graphics card, therefore, I would suggest you to try the other steps provided by Sahil Bali in the previous reply.

Additionally, you can run the Intel® Driver Update Utility. It keeps your system up-to-date. It detects which driver updates
are relevant to your computer, and then helps you install them quickly and easily. Refer to this link for more information: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect.

Also refer:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-028686.htm

Thanks,

Anannya Podder

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Anannya 

I tried all those things mentioned by you and Sahil but, no luck of all.  

hmmmm....  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Anannya,

I have tried all the solutions by Sahil and yourself, nothing seems to be working. I tried several times.

Thanks

Pamela

Sorry this didn't help.

0x800F0244     SPAPI_E_Signature_Osattribure_Mismatch  The software was tested for compliance on a different version of Windows and may not be compatible with this version.

What version of the Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver is it downloading?

Please restart your computer, allow 30 minutes for the system to run before uploading further information so that the impact of making changes can become apparent.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone fresh copies of your System and Application logs (two files) from your Event Viewer to your One Drive and post a link here. You can remove the earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with Sky Drive see paragraph 9.3:

http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have that same issue with not being able to install the update for Intel Corp driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics says failed. I have tried a lot of the same remedies but still wont download. Not having any issue from it just want the update to be installed. I have Acer Aspire L/top Windows 8. It has not been able to install and has failed since 6/25/15.
DawnC

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey I have the same problem but mines says error 800F0244.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem error 800F0244.

Sorry this didn't help.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D56A33EB1ED3769C!942&authkey=!AFs-6B3aUR8wgM8&ithint=folder%2c

Hi there! Just upgraded from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 pro. all went smooth till the intel hd 3000 10.0.27 driver update. Then is gives error 800f0244.

Thanks!

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.