PLEASE HELP Update KB2975719

In August KB2975719 would not install after repeated attempts of trying to install, undoing install and rebooting.  Since it was an "optional" update,I just "hid" it - there were no issues in it that I thought concerned my pc.  Now, today the September updates have 2975719 back as an "important" update.  Again after repeated long attempts to install it, no success.  Since it is now an "important" update, I feel it should be installed - my updater programs are all reminding me that I have updates.  This is getting ridiculous one month "optional" next month "important" - just what is going on ?   Can anyone suggest a solution. I am running Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64.   The event log shows error 0x800f0922 when it doesn't install.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2,517 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
This is a public apology.

First, I want to apologize to Susan and Bear for taking so much of their time. Also, I am sorry I was less than rational at times. Thank you for being so calm and understanding. I guess I am not laid-back enough to deal with pc's sometimes.

To those users who posted and tried to help me in this thread - thanks!  I know I wasted some of your time also, just reading this volume of rants.  

Now as to the problem I was having with KB2975719.  It was all my creation and I'm so embarrassed.

My other pc has a problem with a delayed startup when App Readiness Service is turned on, so I've found that I need to leave it turned off on a daily basis - UNTIL I install Windows Updates - then it needs to be turned back on.  I did everything ok on that pc.  And, since I don't normally follow that procedure on this pc, I didn't realize it (App Readiness Service) had been turned off (not in msconfig but in Administative Tools >Services).  Why it was turned off, I can't explain, but when I started checking - there it was "disabled".  I realized this was all my fault and I'm so sorry.  

I  immediately enabled App Readiness Service, tried installing the update one more time and VOILA - success.  It installed fast and completely.  Again, I apologize to all!  Just glad I found the answer and can swallow my pride and let you know. Bear and Susan, keep helping us, most of us need all the help we can get.    Thanks, John  
Microsoft Windows 10 x64
Windows Defender

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.