How to create Windows 8.1 with Bing installation media?

The following Microsoft's web page allows me to legally download Windows 8.1 installation media.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

My laptop came with Windows 8.1 with Bing (referred to as Bing from now on), but installing Windows 10 Preview messed up the recovery partition. So I cannot reset my laptop to the factory default (Bing). My laptop did not come with any external recovery media such as a DVD or USB flash drive. The manufacturer does not allow me to download the recovery partition either.

As far as I know, the product key for Bing is embedded in the bios of my laptop, so I think it should be legal that I use an installation media downloaded from Microsoft. But the problem is, when I executed Windows Installation Media Creation Tool, I could not find Bing. The closest thing was Windows 8.1 (this should be the Core Edition which is functionally the same as Bing).

The tool says about 4 hours left. So I am not sure whether the media would automatically detect Bing. Is there any official way to create a media for Bing?

Question Info

Last updated September 11, 2019 Views 51,757 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bing,is part of microsoft.Bing isnt microsoft software installers,as far

as i know,music availability,yes,but OS installation,i dought it.For 8.1

media installation,try this link for the microsoft download.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2929699/en-us

Also,windows installs to C: HD,installing to recovery partition doesnt sound

right,its protected against that.Booting pc,try boot option key (maybe F12),that

would get you reinstallation.Or,boot pc to safe-mode F8 at start up.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also,windows installs to C: HD,installing to recovery partition doesnt sound

right,its protected against that.

Yeah, I thought so too, but when I tried Alt + F10 (the recovery key), instead of the OEM's screen I think I see Microsoft's screen. Recovering the OS re-installed Windows 10 Preview (with OEM's drivers), not Windows 8.1 with Bing.

When I examined the recovery partition (Push Button Reset), there was a big install.esd file with the OEM drivers. As far as I remember, I think there was a big file whose extension was ".wim" before I installed Windows 10. Also, the file date of install.esd is this month, unlike other OEM files which were created on May 2014.

By the way, the link you listed is something like a Windows Media pack, not the OS.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jeong,

Thank you for Contacting Microsoft Community,

I can understand the inconvenience caused.

As per the description provided, the recovery partition is corrupted, so I would suggest you to contact the laptop manufacturer and get it fixed.

Once the recovery partition is fixed, please create the recovery DVD so that you don’t face the same problem in future.

Hope this information is helpful.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had a similiar problem that I am still waiting for a decent response from Microsoft. I have logged a call and been told it's been esculated up and that somebody would call me at 9am this morning and no they didn't so I called them and they again promised that somebody would call me back in 15 mins and you guessed it they didn't call. Now what do I do? I have a Linx 10 which had windows 8.1 with bing installed and I thought I know I'll upgrade it to windows 10 which worked fine but it didn't look very good on my machine so following the instructions from Microsoft I used the option to revert back to 8.1 What a fool I was now I can't boot up other than into the bias all I get is error code 0xc0000225 and a message that the PC coundn't start properly and a required device is not assessable or connected. Any help would be greatfully recieved.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar situation. My 10" tablet came with Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing and then I tried upgrading it to Windows 10 and it failed and started showing boot manager was missing (or something like that). I screwed up even further when I installed Windows 10 Home Single Language using the ISO image available and now it hasn't activated the copy of Windows 10 and I also don't have the recovery media for Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing. Not really understanding what I should do.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

I have sorted my tablet, no thanks to Microsoft or Linx. I downloaded from Microsoft windows 8.1 with Bing from http://lnxtb.lt/1McMaUS (You will need to create a login to get the download) and used it to create a bootable USB drive. I used that to reinstall 8.1 and because it's OEM it dosn't ask for a key because the key is embedded in the BIOS. I then had to search for drivers and reinstall everything else. You might need to look at your partitions and format the main drive probably C: drive before you try to reinstall wndows 8.1 but leave any other partitions alone as they are probably recovery partitions. If you get windows back on you can sort the other partitions out later and remove the windows.old file which will have ben created.

51 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the link. It's the 32bit version

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message
Has anyone else tried this? I already installed a non-genuine Windows 8.1. I downloaded it from Microsoft but it asks me for a key, so I searched for a key online and it worked. My question is, will I still be able to use this media (Windows 8.1 w/ BING) to restore my Asus X453MA OEM's OS? Also, can I still get the key using a key extractor in my current non-genuine OS? If in case, the installation media asks for a key. 

Thanks in advance for the answer.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm assuming that you created a recovery media for Windows 8.1 with Bing after purchasing your notebook? Then based on what I know, yes you will be able to re-install the OEM's copy of Windows 8.1.

If you are running the non-genuine copy of Windows 8.1 at the moment, then softwares such as ProduKey won't show you the product key of Windows 8.1 with Bing that's embedded in the motherboard. Re-installing W8.1 w/ Bing from the media you had created shouldn't ask you for the product key since it's supposed to be embedded in the motherboard.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have any knowledge about where can I download the recovery media for Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing 32 Bit? I need a copy of that Single Language with Bing edition.

·

Sorry this didn't help.