Getting Error message " Couldn't Complete Changes...Undoing Changes...Don't Turn Off" when installing updates

Original title: 5 Updates (Numbers Provided) Not Installing.

Problem just started this morning when I booted up and noticed there were updates to install. 

FIRST, Windows Update could not search for Updates and reported Error #8024a000 which I "Repaired" with Windows Update Diagnostic Tool.

Reports 5 Important updates available (KB2936068, 2942844, 2922229, 2939087, 2919355)

Downloads and installs normally but during REBOOT get message "Couldn't Complete Changes...Undoing Changes...Don't Turn Off..."

Cycles through the "Undoing changes routine" three times.

Computer reboots.  Again unable the check for updates (Error 8024A000 again).  Repair again.  Download and Install Updates again.   "Undoing Changes etc  - Again"

Rinse.  Repeat.  All day.

I also tried

cmd.exe (the 64bit version):   "sc config trustedinstaller start= auto"

and

sfc scannow - reported problems found and fixed      

Nothing seems to help

Assistance appreciated.  Anybody know what's going on?

Jon

Answer
Answer
I can't even open windows key+r so I can get to reboot what do I do now  I really need help

hI Boby929

After wasting a few hours with Microsoft I finally did a hard reboot (see other reply above).  Hold down power button until machine shuts down.  Then restart.  Problem solved.  Best of luck!

starbuck

39 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 24, 2020 Views 31,392 Applies to: