File hippo update checker didn't open up

I'm using windows 8.1, have the latest .NET version, and free from virus, malware, etc.-2.. 

I cant open it since upgrading to 8.1.. tried to google for the answer but seems no solution for it..

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2019 Views 1,315 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

No not all software update automatically.

My favourite software update monitor is KC Softwares' Software Update Monitor Lite (SUMo) and it may be the best software update monitor for expert users.

It is beter than File hippo update checker and detects a wide range of apps

Some info about the software : 

The advantage of SUMo is that it informs you of updates to software that is not limited to security updates (such as PSI) or availablity on FileHippo (UDC). 

It also lets you add or remove programs to the list it scans for updates by simply dragging the executable into SUMo's open window; a feature not available on any other software update monitor (UDC allows one to add folders to the search space). 

Unfortunately, some developers do not include version information in their binaries which makes it impossible for SUMo to detect updates for them.

This is a problem for most software update monitors.  Unfortunately, when SUMo performs its first thorough scan it detects executable files that may not be the main executable files of your installed software. 

Experienced PC users should therefore take care to add the executable files that should not be checked for updates to the ignore list.  Once this has been done, the unwanted executables will not appear in future scans

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.