Error during downloading Windows 10 Update (error 80200013)

Hello Microsoft, I am facing an error during updating my windows 8.1 to WINDOWS 10 . The error says:   " Failed:1 update Errors found : code 80200013 windows ran into a problem " .   I have also attached the screenshot of error.

please help me out! 

I am having the same too. please advice

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Uninstall your third party firewall and/or internet security suite and use a clean tool to clean install issues from removed programs.

Error 0x80200013
BITS can request ranges of updates. However, if the network proxy or firewall device does not support range requests, BITS cannot download updates. Therefore, BITS returns the 0x80200013 error code. When this problem occurs, the %windir%\Windowsupdate.log displays the following entry:
Download job failed due to insufficient range support
To resolve this problem, contact the vendor of the network proxy or firewall device.

See also my blog post 

Windows 10: Upgrade error 0x80200013

Blogs: http://www.borncity.com/blog /(Ger) - and - http://borncity.com/win/ (EN)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same error with identical display attempting to update 8.1 to 10.  Deleted my Windows Firewall and turned off Windows Defender as suggested.  Rebooted and same result.  Your blog mentions remove registry entries and files from previous sw installed.  I did not do that not understanding the reference to "sw"   I have been searching the web for a week now and this was the first reference that matched my situation.  Hope you have some addtional advice.   Thank, Ed

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2019 Views 1,301 Applies to: