Question

Windows 8.1 MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS Blue Screen of Death

supersheep97 asked on

I bought my laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed. When Windows 8 came about I purchased it online and installed it via a download, and then when Windows 8.1 came out, I installed it through the Windows Store.

Recently I have been getting blue screens of death with the error message: "MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS". The computer will shut down, restart, crash again and will continue to do this until eventually system recovery options show up. This has been going on for about a week now and the computer must do this at least once a day, and every time I just run system restore and this will clean things up for a few hours.

Eventually, frustrated with having to go through this process so many times, I decided to try a system refresh, but when I did, it told me that files were missing and I needed to insert recovery media, so I did a system restore instead. I then went into settings and used a USB pen to create recovery media, but when I tried a refresh, I was told that the media was invalid.

Please help, I have no installation disc having installed the software through the store and have no idea what might be causing the problem in order to fix it.

Thank you in advance for any help I receive.

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Thanks!

You appear to be dealing with a recent issue that I blogged about here - http://bsodanalysis.blogspot.com/2014/04/0x44-btfiltersys-bug.html

The fix is to update all of your Bluetooth drivers, specifically Atheros. from the manufacturers website.

Regards,

Patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress