Question

Random blue screens in Windows 8.1 (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Sapero asked on

So i have been using my PC for quite a while and not really doing anything different with it, but recently it has started to freeze around a minute or two after bootup. I can't move my mouse and the audio gets really buggy and after a while it gives me a bluescreen. Sometimes it takes longer. Any clue what it could be?

Dump file on onedrive: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=344D8ABF3A09C2A!2120&authkey=!AGlXSzDcHa3c0I4&ithint=file%2c.dmp

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) bug check.

This bug check indicates that the DPC watchdog executed, either because it detected a single long-running deferred procedure call (DPC), or because the system spent a prolonged time at an interrupt request level (IRQL) of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

---------------------

1. AiChargerPlus.sys is listed and loaded in the modules list which is the Ai Charger driver. It's included in many Asus bloatware, which you appear to have installed. Please go ahead and uninstall any and all Asus software as it's unnecessary bloatware.

2. In your loaded drivers list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.

Regards,

Patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress