Question

Need some help guys Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_area (Netwew00.sys)

Gary_094_024 asked on
Hi, im getting this blue screen on my lenovo y510p laptop, this is the second time i got this, its been 2 weeks since i got it the first time.  I reseted my laptop to factory settings and it fixed it, but after installing a windows optional update today i got it again. i tried a clean boot, and a system restore but nothing worked and i realy dont want to reset it again.  i think it was a update to a network adapter that i did and i was able to boot it into safe mode, but i dont know what to do, so please can someone help.
1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Thanks!

The attached DMP file is of the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) bug check.

This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

-----------------------

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Netwew00.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Netwew00.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Netwew00.sys
Probably caused by : Netwew00.sys ( Netwew00+daa02 )

^^ Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Driver - Intel® Wireless WiFi Link Adapter.

Usually when we have network related crashes like this in *50 bug checks, it's caused by an antivirus as I mentioned above cause NETBIOS conflicts. I took a look through your loaded modules list and I see McAfee (or at least remnants of).

Run the removal tool ASAP - http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

--------------

Do you have any other antivirus software installed other than McAfee? If not, after removal, enable Windows Defender.

Windows Defender (how to turn on after removal) -
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21962-windows-defender-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress