Question

Drive Power State Failure Windows 8.1 64-Bit

PedroMonteiro94 asked on

Hi guys, greetings from Portugal.

Recently i bought an Asus Laptop that gave me some problems intially but then i then i did trade it in for a new one, the same model and was quite happy until now.

I have all my stuff installed, and but i decided to unistall some mods i had for a racing game, because i did basically ruin the install when trying to change something in the game. I did unistall them all and since i was going to Dinner, i decided to shutdown the Laptop, when i began to notice that it was taking a lot like 10 minutes, when normally it takes 2 at most, and i decided to move the mouse to see if the screen hadn´t frooze when the BSOD Drive Power State Failure appear, and said an error has been found and will have to restart computer and all that stuff and it did, very quickly and then i turned the computer off when it did with no problem, but i´m still worried. I´m the laptop at the moment and i don´t notice anything wrong, i tested everything that caused the laptop problems before i traded it in the first time but they are ok and is working fine still now.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4A504B3D83D3A018%21728

Here is the mini dump file.

Some help would be good, and especially quick because of warranty stuff(in 15 days they trade imeadiately in the store, after that it goes to ASUS and can take a while, but if this is breaking i will just ask for my money back).

28 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) bug check.

This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

By default, the fault of the crash is labeled as pci.sys which is NOT the true cause. If we run an !irp on the 4th parameter of the bug check (blocked IRP address), we get the following:

>[ 16, 2]   0 e1 ffffe000040f5200 00000000 fffff803aad91d80-ffffe00004f52df0 Success Error Cancel pending
           \Driver\nvlddmkm    nt!PopRequestCompletion

^^ nvlddmkm.sys = nVidia video driver.

Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

--------------------------

1. AiCharger.sys is listed and loaded in the modules list which is the Ai Charger driver. It's included in many Asus bloatware, which you appear to have installed. Please go ahead and uninstall any and all Asus software as it's unnecessary bloatware.

2. Remove and replace Kaspersky with Windows 8's built-in Windows Defender for temporary troubleshooting purposes as it may be causing conflicts:

Kaspersky removal - http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

Windows Defender (how to turn on after removal) - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21962-windows-defender-turn-off-windows-8-a.html

Regards,

Patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress