Since the last set up updateson 16/09/2014 for "Update for WIndows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2976719), (KB2989647) and (KB2984006)", I have been getting an error everytime I start up my computer stating that "changeicon MFC application has stopped working". It states the issue as an "app crash" and that the relevant program is "UMonit64.exe".
I traced to program to its directory and ran all my virus/malware/etc scans on it and they all said it was fine. I then attempted to run the program and it came up with the same error that pops up on startup and a second error message saying it wasn't able to run because "ustor.dll" was missing.
I did a system restore to before I did the windows update and sure enough everything worked fine. I then ran the windows update again after restarting to complete the update the "changeicon MFC application has stopped working" error message started popping up again.
So my questions are:
1. What is UMonit64.exe/ChangeIcon Application?
2. Did my windows update cause the issue?
3. How do I stop the error message from popping up everytime I start up?
4. Do I need UMonit64.exe? I haven't noticed any programs malfunction when I click the "close program" option when the error message pops up.
5. If I do need it, should I download the missing DLL file to fix it? If so where would be a safe place to download the replacement dll file?
6. Anything else I need to know to fix the issue or whether future windows updates will fix it for me and I should just ignore it for the time being.