Desktop is Black (Icons Still There) & No Apps on Start Menu (Screenshot Provided) PLEASE HELP

Hello to whomever is reading this and hopefully attempting to solve my problem as I lack the knowledge to do so. Okay, but seriously formal introduction out of the way, I need help with this problem I'm having with my desktop.

My desktop now has a black wallpaper that I didn't change it to as well as missing taskbar pins. My start menu is also blank with no apps. I have a screenshots of what I'm talking about below. Does anyone know what could of caused this and how I can fix it?

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Run System File Checker scan and check if there are any system files missing or got corrupted.

Summary

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 14, 2023 Views 45 Applies to: