My PC is not showing up in the devices list of my microsoft account in microsoft official website !!!

Hey,

I wanted to create a new microsoft account on my PC and Phone. (My windows is Windows 8.1 pro OEM and my phone is Nokia Lumia 525) But I already have a microsoft account on both these devices. So, I went into the microsoft official website, signed in and in my Account, under the devices list, I saw my PC and Phone there. I removed my PC from the list, and then, there was an option to remove it from the store account, I did that too ... (While doing this through my PC, I hadn'st signed into the PC with a microsoft account. ie, I was using local account at that time....I had reinstalled my windows recently and didn't sign into the microsoft account.... But I had used that microsoft account on this PC before.. ie , before reinstalling windows)

Anyways after removing the PC, the site told me to reset my PC. I also removed my Phone and the site also told me to reset my Phone. I didn't get why it was told to reset these devices so I asked in the microsoft community regarding this... and an insider told me that my previous account was still associated with Store app and told me to remove it from the store... But I hadn't signed into the PC with my microsoft account at that time... So I signed in and changed from local account to microsoft account on my PC...!!! And I saw the name of my PC there......

Well now, the problem is that in the microsoft official site, in my account, under devices, this PC is not showing up... It should show up because I am now currently signed in it through my microsoft account. I had also signed into my phone again soon after removing it from the devices list... I had changed my microsoft account password, so I typed the new one on my phone and I began using the account on my phone.. AND THE PHONE APPEARS IN THE MICROSOFT SITE UNDER THE DEVICES LIST OF MY ACCOUNT !! BUT MY PC DOES NOT SHOW UP !!!!! Only if it shows up again I can remove it once more...... I'm planning to reinstall my windows one last time and create a new microsoft account on my PC, upgrade to windows 10.........and also software update my phone at the microsoft service centre and also use the new microsoft account on it too....

So I have to remove this PC from my old microsoft account but since my PC is not showing up in the website, I am not able to do it !!!

WHY IS THE PC NOT SHOWING UP THERE?? WHAT SHOULD I DO ???

Hi Benoy,

I understand that the PC is not showing under devices on Microsoft Account and I will be happy to answer your query.

• Are you referring to trusted devices?

I understand that your Microsoft account is showing up under Devices. In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to run the Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter and check if it helps diagnosing the issue. It helps detecting common issues related to Microsoft Accounts and provided information on what can be done to fix the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I didn't understand your this question; "Are you referring to trusted devices?"

I also didn't understand your this statement ; "I understand that your Microsoft account is showing up under Devices."

Because, the problem is that my PC is not showing up under 'devices' of my microsoft account when I log into the microsoft website !!!

I'll post you the screenshot of the microsoft website.....

See?? in the screenshot you can see that only my Phone is shown under my devices !!!!! My PC is not shown !!!!!

But I am currently using this account on my PC too !!!

Also now I did the microsoft account troubleshooter.. but it didn't help solve the issue.. the issue still remains.. !!

These are a few screenshots while I used the troubleshooter;

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Benoy,

Thank you for the update and apologies for the confusion.

When I said "I understand that your Microsoft account is showing up under Devices" I forgot to add "not".

And about trusted devices, kindly refer to the article below and try the suggestions provided:

Trusted devices: FAQ

Hope this helps.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

When I changed my microsoft account password today, I made my PC a trusted device.....by clicking 'I sign in frequently on this device.........' option !!! But still the PC is not showing up under my Devices... !!!!

And after reading the article you mentioned before; "Trusted Devices:FAQ", what I understood is that microsoft has decided to remove the list of trusted devices from the security info page. But I'm not talkin about the security info page. I'm talkin about my account home page and the devices under it !!! So, can u plz enquire if microsoft has taken a new decision regarding the Devices list of people's account's homepage ?? like only phones will be shown under devices and not PC's ???? cuz my phone is seen in the devices list.

Anyways, I was just thinking, I told u before that I want to reinstall windows right ?? so maybe if I reinstall windows in the current condition, and create a new microsoft account on this PC, will there be any clash between my old account and the new one since I have not been able to remove the my PC from the devices list of my old account??

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2020 Views 13,777 Applies to: