I put in HOYMAIL instead of HOTMAIL in the WINDOWS 8.1 LOG IN . HELP to CHANGE it PLEASE

I put in HOYMAIL instead of HOTMAIL in the WINDOWS 8.1 LOG IN . HELP to CHANGE it PLEASE . I have a TOSHIBA 8.1 plus DELL - WINDOWS 10 . I was trying to upgrade the 8.1 to WINDOWS 10 when I did it. MUCH CONFUSION  with emails now but this one is good .THANKS .

OP - Misstake spelling email name .

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2018 Views 167 Applies to:
Answer

Hi James,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1. Are you able to login to your Windows 8.1 computer, when you enter hoymail instead of entering Hotmail as user account?

2. If you are able to login to your computer, are you able the view your Hotmail user account in users list?To check for the users in the computer, follow the below path.Press Windows key + r > type netplwiz, hit Enter > check for the user accounts. 

If the user account is present in the user list, then remove the user account from the list and try adding the Microsoft/Hotmail account again to your computer.

To remove the user account, just select the user account and then click on the Remove button.

To add the Hotmail account with Windows 8.1, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh Kumar Rai.
Microsoft Support Engineer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.