'Error 1053 The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion' and 'Failed to connect to a windows service'

Hello!

I am getting a message from last three days  when I turn on my Laptop with windows 8.1. The message is 'Failed to connect to a windows service . windows couldn't connect to the group policy client  service. This problem prevents standard users from signing in. As an administrative user, you can review the system event log for details about why the service didn't respond.

Beside this I am facing these problems too:

1. I am not been able to connect hotspot station to use my laptop as wifi hotpot . In sharing tab in network and sharing center  when i check the option allow other network user to connect through this computer's internet connection and click ok this message display:  'Cannot enable shared access .Error 1053; The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

2. Google chrome is taking more time to open.

3.When I tried to change my account password going through PC setting>account>sign in option a message display: We're sorry, but something went wrong, your password may not have been changed. Code 0x80004005.

I would really appreciate for help to fix the issues.

With regards

Diwazahal69

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2018 Views 10,426 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Type services.msc
  3. Right click on Internet Connection Sharing service (ICS) and select Properties
  4. Select the startup type as Automatic
  5. Click Ok

After following above steps, make sure that all the dependent services for Internet Connection Sharing are started.

Follow the steps below to do so:

Check the dependent services

Internet Connection Sharing depends on certain other services to work properly. You can check the status of the services by following these steps:

1. Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc” and press enter.
  2. Locate the Internet Connection Sharing Service and check if it is running, if not right click and select start to manually start it and check.
  3. If it is already running, right click and select properties
  4. Click on the dependencies tab and check the services that it depends on to      work properly.
  5. Now, check if these services are running in the services window.
  6. If not, right click and select start.
  7. Right click on all these services and change the startup type to “Automatic”
  8. Now, restart the system and check.

After following above steps try sharing the internet connection and let us know the status of the issue.

Thank you.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.