WMP 12 does not apply media information changes

If I manually edit the fields, it will display properly within the library but not when I check the file shortly after. Apply media information changes takes its time but does not appear to be working. 

One blogger's post claims WMP will not write metadata to the file which I would be very, very upset if this is true - unless someone has a plugin to try and batch export it all. However, MS support for WMP claims it will write the data over time, you can click apply media information changes to start the update immediately. I've checked the tag versions and no data is even written. The files are not read-only but I haven't checked any permissions past that, though I've had no errors.

Side note, contributing artist equals artist. Other than swapping those tags, any suggestions? To me, Album artist should equal the artist, I've setup contributing artists to be more like the remix by or featuring so and so. Unfortunately my Ford reads the contributing artists as the artist as well so it's all backwards. 

Answer
Answer

Hello Pat,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

Did you make any hardware or software changes to your computer prior to the issue?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

This issue may occur due to incorrect or corrupt Windows media player settings.

I would suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:
Run Windows media player settings troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
b. Click "View all" and then click "Windows Media Player Settings".
c. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:
Please follow these steps and check the issue.

a. Open Windows media player.
b. Click "Organize" and then click "Options".
c. Click "Privacy" tab.
d. Click to uncheck "Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet" box.

e. Click apply and ok.

Now, restart Windows media player and check.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 24, 2020 Views 1,844 Applies to: