How do I "Print Screen" in 8.1 Pro?

Hi

Surface 2 Pro/type 2 keyboard...I wanted to capture a screenshot this afternoon. I could find no solution that worked for me on how to "Print Screen" as one would do in Windows 7. I found: Windows key +volume down: Ctrl+Alt+Minus...and, Ctrl+Alt+Plus...none worked...even Surface "Chat" support did not have an answer ...Does anyone have an answer?

The only option I did find was to use Snipping Tool and paste, or use OneNote and Screen Clipping...Just could not capture the whole screen

Answer
Answer

Hi

Surface 2 Pro/type 2 keyboard...I wanted to capture a screenshot this afternoon. I could find no solution that worked for me on how to "Print Screen" as one would do in Windows 7. I found: Windows key +volume down: Ctrl+Alt+Minus...and, Ctrl+Alt+Plus...none worked...even Surface "Chat" support did not have an answer ...Does anyone have an answer?

The only option I did find was to use Snipping Tool and paste, or use OneNote and Screen Clipping...Just could not capture the whole screen

===========================================
Sounds like you tried everything but the following article
may be worth a look:

Windows 8 - RT - Take a screen capture (print your screen)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/take-screen-capture-print-screen#take-screen-capture-print-screen=windows-8

Have you tried   
Press   Fn + Windows Key + Spacebar

Also try   Fn + Alt + Spacebar

Did you have a look at your manual to see if an alternate
key was used for print screen?
.......Volunteer J - MS-MVP......
.....This Is Not Tech Support....
***Proceed at your own risk***

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2020 Views 7,191 Applies to: