Windows 8.1 Pro - High CPU usage from Intel process IAStorDataSvc (32 bit)

I have just installed the Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade without problem and it seems to be functioning perfectly.

However the Intel process IAStorDataSvc (32 bit) is running continuously with 30%< CPU usage and 60% Memory.

To stop this I have to select End Task but each time I re-start the laptop the Intel process automatically starts.

My Laptop is Sony VPCSB Intel Core i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70Ghz with 8Gb RAM and 226 Gb RAID SSD storage using Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit OS

Can anyone help with a solution please?

Thanks Guy

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2019 Views 81,274 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

This is known issue faced by many customers using the Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Many users have mentioned facing this issue when using the driver version 11.5. Most of them have reported that the issue was resolved after installing the latest drivers for this technology. So, I would suggest you to install the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if that helps. Since you haven’t mentioned the fill model number of the computer, you can search for the driver for the correct model here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=24

If you are unable to find the appropriate driver from the manufacturer’s website, then I would suggest you to check the Intel website and download the latest Windows 8/Windows 8.1 compatible driver and check:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/sftwr-prod/imsm

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
Ben.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Guy

Which three drivers fixed the problem? I am not able to find them on Soni Asia Pacific store.

Thanks

mi

Hi Mi

I just went and did the Vaio update and it automatically brought up the 3 drivers referred to.

You can also do it via the Vaio care desktop utilities.

Let me know if you need more?

Cheers Guy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.