Windows 8.1 Constantly Crashing After Windows Update

I have an HP computer with Windows 8.1 installed. It was working perfectly fine until earlier today when Windows Updates were installed. Ever since then it has been constantly crashing within a few minutes (sometimes less) of being booted up. Every time it crashes, I receive a different error message.

Different errors that I've seen:

HTTP_DRIVER_CORRUPTED (HTTP.sys)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (afd.sys)

KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I have tried using system restore from a variety of different restore points, although after rebooting I always receive a message telling me that System Restore failed while scanning the file system on drive C:\, and that the drive may be corrupt.

I have tried running System Restore from safe mode and was met with the same results. I also ran chkdsk /R and then tried using system restore, although was still met with the same message after rebooting. chkdsk /R also came back with the result that there were no errors found.

I'm at a loss for what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2019 Views 332 Applies to:

I've had the same issue, at about the same time frame that yours started, mine were about an hour later as I didnt get home and on the computer until then. I've tried all the same things I'm updating now, will see how it goes

I dont play games on my computer  mostly just news channel  surf, ebaums, and watch some firestick stuff.please keep this thread updated as to what you find works. 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also posted this question to a different message board, and received a solution from there that worked! Please check it out, and I hope that it works for you as well!

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/693156/windows-81-constantly-crashing-after-windows-update/

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

That definitively solved my problem, thanks.

The problem is the latest windows monthly rollup (KB4489881) after uninstall the update I don't have BSODs anymore.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.