Question

Windows 8.1 Blue Screen

PeterEstephan asked on

When I am doing something on my computer sometimes it will freeze up and It says Microsoft Error. Wait or End the process. So I wait about 5 minutes and It is still the same. So I hit end process and it puts my computer straight into blue screen mode. With an error code of driver_power_state_failure. The only modifications I have done is going into the bios and enabling virtualization. It has never gave me this error before. But, now it is starting to make me mad.

My PC is running Windows 8.1.  My model number is h8-1569. And I have also performed the extended UEFI check when you hit F2 when you are booting your PC. And it came up with no errors in any hardware. Thanks if you help me.

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Thanks!

The attached DMP file is of the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) bug check.

This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

By default, the fault of the crash is pci.sys which is NOT the true cause. If we run an !irp on the 4th parameter:

>[ 16, 2]   0 e1 ffffe0000119d050 00000000 fffff8025cd93d80-ffffe000085fe7c0 Success Error Cancel pending
          *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
 \Driver\iaStorA    nt!PopRequestCompletion

iaStorA.sys is the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver. Please update ASAP - http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Regards,

Patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress