Question

Q: Why won't my Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows Tablet turn on?

I was using my new Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet with 32 GB (I got it this Christmas) when all of a sudden the screen went blank and turned this almost black color, with a slight glow to it. I tried turning it back on, pressing the power button and the Windows button, but it refused to respond. I plugged it into the charger and let it charge overnight, no change whatsoever. The screen still had a slight glow to it and it stayed blank no matter which buttons I pressed. I've tried unplugging it and plugging it in again, no response. The only thing that happens when I plug it into the charger is that the white battery light comes on. I tried plugging it into the computer, no difference. I had been sorting through eBooks in my virtual library on my tablet when the screen went blank on me, could this be a factor? Honestly, I have no idea what the cause for this odd behavior is, if anybody has some hints or ideas as to this problem, please respond to my question. I'm really at my wit's end! Thank you in advance, graceSGZ

Answer

A:

Ok, so I searched up a bunch of help articles on the Microsoft site and the Dell site, and I found an online manual for my tablet. I finally got it to turn on by pressing and holding the power button for ten seconds and then another ten seconds. Based on my research, I'm guessing that somehow I managed to shut off the screen on my tablet without turning the tablet itself off, and that I shut it down. Because when I got it to turn back on, it was like I had shut it down, where I had to sign in and everything. Whatever the cause, I'm glad I fixed it, and I hope that if anybody else has this same problem,  my question and how I fixed it will help them too. 

UPDATE: If you're still having trouble, you can try scrolling through the comments; I have posted more detailed instructions in one of the comments. :)

graceSGZ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

306 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 117,866 Last updated: July 19, 2018 Applies to: