Why does Store Broker (wshost.exe) keep killing my CPU?
I SOLVED this. At least for myself. It's been a 3-day journey. Argh!
The upshot is this:
Kill Store and Store Broker from task list.
Rename the Cache folder to CacheOld at:
C:\Users\(Your User Account)\AppData\Local\Packages\WinStore_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
(Your WinStore_gobblygook might be a different bunch of gobbblygook)
Create an empty folder called Cache.
Solved! For me anyway.
I have been at this for days. I've read every article and post everywhere. I have updated graphics drivers, set date and time, run wsreset, sfc /scannnow, created new user account (store did work for new account), app troubleshooter, etc, etc, etc...
Today I just started digging around and looking at dates. I don't have log files to back this up but I believe I broke Store with CCleaner. I'm not sure exactly when the Store broke so this is a best guess but it makes some sense since Ccleaner does clean Store cache.
I also recently installed Tor Browser but my gut is that that was totally unrelated.
I might create a sandbox user and try to break Store with Ccleaner to confirm. But honestly I am tired of this little adventure.