Unable to perform Restore & Tiles issue Error Code 0x8007051a or 0x800703f1

Original Title: Why can't my Windows 8.1 do a System Restore? I get Error Code 0x8007051a or 0x800703f1. And how can I get my tiles to take me to their apps and stay?

I have a Toshiba A500 laptop that had OEM Windows 7. I bought Windows 8 and then upgraded to Windows 8.1 Update free from the Store. Now I have a problem with the tiles not being able to load their apps, but going full circle back to the tiles. I tried to do a System Restore to several different restore point, but all failed. How can I (1) get the tiles to take me to their apps and (2) restore the System Restore function?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Problems working with files and folders in Windows can be caused by permissions issues, corrupted user accounts or even corrupted files. These issues often occur after upgrading to another version of Windows, connecting to other computers over a network or even just connecting an external hard drive into your computer.

The reasons could be as follows:

• The folder ownership may have changed
  • You do not have the proper permissions
  • The file may be encrypted
  • The file may be corrupt
  • The user profile may be corrupt
  • I would suggest you to refer to the link and follow the methods suggested to try and fix the issue:

• Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

• Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

• Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2019 Views 804 Applies to: