Question

Q: Unable to install WinZip, getting Internal Error of 2503 & 2502 This thread is locked from future replies

I've Windows 8.1 (x64). When am trying to install WinZip 19 (x64) shows the internal problem 2503 & 2502.
I tried those process to fix it. But remain unchanged:
1. On the "Start" menu, click "Run.
2. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER.
3. On the "Start" menu, click "Run".
4. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER.

Also I have tried method 2, also remain unchanged;

Check permissions within the Installer folder. To do this, follow these steps.

1.     Click on Start and in the Start Search bar > type in > c: /windows/installer.

2.     Right click on c: /windows/installer at the top under programs and click properties.

3.     Click on the security tab > Verify if System and Administrator account has Full access permissions.

4.     The Everyone account should have read and execute permissions, List Folder Contents, and Read.

What can I do now for fix that problem?

Original title: Internal Error of 2503 & 2502

Answer

A:

Hello Subhajit,

Thank you for the Update on this issue.

With the Windows 8.1 setup DVD I recommend you to go through the following steps:

How to do boot repair from the installation disk. Please follow the steps given below.

1. Boot from the Windows 8 DVD

2. At the Install Now screen - Click Repair your computer

3. Click Advanced Options

4. Click Troubleshoot

5. Click Startup repair

6. Follow the on screen instructions

Data Loss while performing In Place upgrade

I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Shivam Kesarwani

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 302 Last updated: February 12, 2018 Applies to: