Opening Google Chrome very slow

I have a Samsung PC model DP700A3D-X01AU, the latest Google Chrome version and Windows 8.1.  The computer boots quickly to the Start page.  In Chrome I have selected 'On startup open Gmail inbox'.  On the Start page I click on the Google Chrome tile and it takes approximately 50 - 60 seconds for the Gmail inbox to appear.  On my old computer I had Windows XP and Chrome opened much faster.  Ideas on how to speed the start up would be much appreciated thanks.  The opening of other programs seems to be normal.
Answer
Answer

Well I do know one guaranteed solution which will make it as fast as new.  It's called "PC Refresh", and it will refresh your system files.  It won't remove any of your personal files (even your preferences like your colors and wallpaper are preserved), but you will have to go to chrome.com again and install chrome yourself after the refresh.  But given that it will give you like-new performance, it might be a good option. 

Here's what Microsoft says about it:

If your PC  isn't performing  as well as it once did, and you don't know why, you can refresh your PC without deleting any of your personal files or changing your settings. All your personal files and settings will be kept, but any programs you installed yourself from CD's or websites (like Firefox, Office, games, etc) will be removed and you'll have to download them again on your own.

1. Open the PC Settings app, go to Update and Recovery, then choose "Get Started" for the refresh.
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 24, 2024 Views 8,786 Applies to: