Question

Critical_Structure_Corruption Windows 8.1

Matt Cnd asked on

Hello,

I keep getting blue screen since I updated from windows 8 to 8.1 on my Samsung Ativ PC 700T1C-A01 device :

Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 3317U (1.70 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache)
Intel HM76
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Windows 8.1

Here is the minidump  :

Dump File         : 102413-4796-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 24/10/2013 11:13:21
Bug Check String  :
Bug Check Code    : 0x00000109
Parameter 1       : a3a01f58`9208f524
Parameter 2       : b3b72bde`e4882aff
Parameter 3       : ffffe000`00f928f0
Parameter 4       : 00000000`0000001c
Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+14dca0
File Description  : NT Kernel & System
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 6.3.9600.16404 (winblue_gdr.130913-2141)
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+14dca0
Stack Address 1   :
Stack Address 2   :
Stack Address 3   :
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102413-4796-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 4
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 9600
Dump File Size    : 287 880
Dump File Time    : 24/10/2013 11:13:51

So far, I've tried the following steps (without any success) :

- Update all the driver
- Recovery to a previous backup

If anybody can help.

Thanks in advance for yours answers

Matt

51 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Vijin V replied on

Hi Matt,

Are you getting this error message while accessing any external devices of application?

The CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION bug check has a value of 0x00000109. This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.

There are generally three different causes for this bug check:

A driver has inadvertently, or deliberately, modified critical kernel code or data.

A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel debugger that was not attached when the system was started.

A hardware corruption occurred. For example, the kernel code or data could have been stored in memory that failed.

Let’s try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.

If this fixes the issue, then add the devices one after the other until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue. Then we can update driver software for that particular device.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to download and install the latest drivers and chipset drivers from the manufactures’ website and check if it helps.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to boot into Safe Mode and check if it helps.

Safe Mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in Safe Mode with Networking, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

If the issue does not persist in Safe Mode, then perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problems using clean boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135  

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Hope the information provided is helpful.

If you have any other questions or you need any other information about Windows, feel free to post your questions and we will be glad to help.

7 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on
Hi,

In order to assist you, we will need the DMP files to analyze what exactly occurred at the time of the crash, etc.

If you don't know where DMP files are located, here's how to get to them:

1.    Navigate to the %systemroot%\Minidump folder.
 2.    Copy any and all DMP files in the Minidump folder to your Desktop and then zip up these files.
 3.    Upload the zip containing the DMP files to Skydrive or a hosting site of your choice and paste in your reply.

If you are going to use Skydrive but don't know how to upload to it, please visit the following:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-SkyDrive

Please note that any "cleaner" programs such as TuneUp Utilities, CCleaner, etc, by default will delete DMP files upon use.

If your computer is not generating DMP files, please do the following:

1. Start > type %systemroot% which should show the Windows folder, click on it. Once inside that folder, ensure there is a Minidump folder created. If not, CTRL-SHIFT-N to make a New Folder and name it Minidump.

2. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Ensure there's a check-mark for 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'.

3. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Failure > ensure there is a check mark next to 'Write an event to the system log'.

Ensure Small Memory Dump is selected and ensure the path is %systemroot%\Minidump.

4. Double check that the WERS is ENABLED:

Start > Search > type services.msc > Under the name tab, find Windows Error Reporting Service > If the status of the service is not Started then right click it and select Start. Also ensure that under Startup Type it is set to Automatic rather than Manual. You can do this by right clicking it, selecting properties, and under General selecting startup type to 'Automatic', and then click Apply.

If you cannot get into normal mode to do any of this, please do this via Safe Mode.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress