Question

Critical Structure Corruption after upgrading to windows 81.

arthur1_804 asked on
My computer keeps bluescreening and crashing after upgrading to windows 8.1 Now this didnt happen straight away but a a few days later the first time, but now it can happen whenever. A few hours inbetween or just 15min. I went into my even viewer and copied this from the error messages.

Event 3012,Load Perf
The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Event 3011,Load Perf
Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

Unfortunatley this doesnt mean anything to me, im not particularly good with this sorta stuff. Any help would be much appreciated!
5 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

My pleasure Arthur!

If and when you are comfortable and feel your issue has been solved, I'd recommend marking the post of mine that answered your question so this thread no longer shows up as requiring an answer.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress