Change PC Settings link is broken after update to windows 8.1

After updating to windows 8.1 Change PC Settings link is broken. After clicking on it nothing is opening and landing into Start screen.
I tried from Administrator account with no luck.
I am unable to change the settings. 
Please help me how to restore Change PC Settings.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2020 Views 43,860 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Struggled with Store, Settings, Skydrive etc not working.

Got the Store working and some other apps too using dowloaded troubleshooters from Microsoft, but PC Settings was a no go as well as Skydrive and Photos.

I made a new user using admin tools in control panel and PC Settings was working for this user so I knew it could work and after much more digging around I found this thread here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/c4147bcc-a430-43fe-b4e9-f999552568da/81-store-apps-wont-load?forum=w8itprogeneral

It had all of the steps I used to get the Store working again and those that had failed on the pc settings, and then this:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml

Right click the start button and open a command prompt and then paste the above and hit enter.

PC settings working without even needing to reboot, hope this helps someone, paste it forward into other threads you all have no doubt looked at w/o finding this solution.

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.