Question

BSoD multiple times a day

OoTMaestro asked on

This whole asking forum is setup a little screwy IMO so not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, if not some guidance would be much appreciated, anyways here's what's up;

I've checked all windows files and they're fine. I've dedicated a whole day to testing memory and everything turned up fine. I've gotten rid of many superfluous programs and drivers in hopes that I could use my computer for more than 3 hours at a time. My patience is running thin and I'm out of options

I just ran driver verifier until it crashed and here's the system info and dump file - http://www.filedropper.com/errorinfo

These are my previous dumps over the last few days - http://www.filedropper.com/previousdumps (the reason I don't have more is because I did a fresh install a few days ago and the problem actually got worse......................)

If I could get some assistance figuring out what's causing 3+ BSoD's a day I would be ecstatic.

Thanks in advance.

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Hi,

We have various attached DMP files:

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)

This bug check indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd0002312b620, ffffd0002312b578, 0}

The 1st parameter of the bugcheck is 3 which indicates that a LIST_ENTRY was corrupted. Code 3, LIST_ENTRY corruption. This type of bug check can be difficult to track down and indicates that an inconsistency has been introduced into a doubly-linked list (detected when an individual list entry element is added to or removed from the list).

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)

This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

BugCheck 1A, {403, fffff6800006b438, bb6000022d01a867, fffff6800017b438}

^^ - The 1st parameter of the bug check is 403 which indicates the page table and PFNs are out of sync . This is probably a hardware error.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

If we take a look at the call stack:

STACK_TEXT:  
ffffd000`22c0df28 fffff960`00884ec5 : 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`055ca1e0 ffffc000`07d24b10 fffff800`0182523c : 0x0
ffffd000`22c0df30 00000000`00000000 : ffffe000`055ca1e0 ffffc000`07d24b10 fffff800`0182523c 00000000`00000000 : cdd+0x6ec5

^^ cdd.dll = Canonical Display driver.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

-----------------

1. You have various Asus bloatware drivers listed and loaded (AiCharger.sys, etc). Please uninstall any/all installed Asus software.

2. Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

Regards,

Patrick

Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress