Asus laptop windows 8.1 update 1 - driver destroyed - The system cannot find the file specified

I'm in problems with my USB-TV drivers

My computer
Asus S550 laptop.
Windows 8.1 x64 PRO with Media Center and Win 8.1 update 1 installed.
After the 8.1 upate installation Wlan driver and Realtek High Definition Audio driver was removed. Wlan divers installation was successful from Device manager using "Update driver".
Realtek High Definition driver installation from Device manager failed. I found Realtek High Definition drivers from internet and installation from downloaded file was successful.

But I still have driver problem. Now I cannot use my Fujtec DTV PRO DVB-T, because I cannot install drivers which also were destroyed in Windows 8.1 update 1 installation.

I have USD-stick manufacturer's CD, which contains drivers, but after installation The usb-stick cannot found drivers when I try to watch TV using TotalMedia 3.5.

I have tried instalaltion / update described below:

1) First case

Fujtec USB-TV Pro (rtl2832u realtek chip) to USB-port

Device manager shows RTL2832U with yellow warning sign
Properties :
Drivers for this device are not installed (code 28)
Clicked "Update driver"
Search automativclly ....
->Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attemting to install it
REALTEK 2832U Device
The system cannot find the file specified.

2) Another case

Actions as in the first case, but before clicking "Search automatically ..." I removed Fujtec USB stick
Clicked "Search automatically ..."
- the driver was downloaded on line and drivers intallation successful
  - drivers are installed to folder (checked from Device manager)
C:windows\system32\drivers\BdaSup.sys
C:windows\system32\drivers\rtl2832ubda.sys
C:windows\system32\drivers\rtl2832uusb.sys
After installation I connected the usb-stick to usb-port. Started TotalMedia -> Drivers for this device are not installed

I went to Windows update, searched updates and it found update to "Realtec - Streaming Media and Brodcast Devices . REALTEK 2832U" and installed the update when I removed the USB-stick. That means Windows update founds drivers and can update those!

Still The usb-stick cannot find drivers when it is connected to the usb-port.
I think Windows 8.1 update 1 has damaged TV-stick drivers as it did to Wlan and Realtek audio. Those I were able to reinstall, but DTV PRO DVB-T drivers cannot be istalled so that those can be found.

What can I try to get my TV_stick working? I hope someone can suggest me solution, because I'm in stuck now.

Best regards
Laakspen

PS: The usb-stick is ok, because it works in my old XP computer and the tv-stick seller says that drivers works also in windows 8. The stick is brand new and I installed software to my old computer too to be sure that the hardware is ok

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi!

I want to add other drivers which were affected by win 8.1 update 1.

1) Adio Device on High Definition Audio Bus - events: "Device configured null" 9.4.2014 (when 8.1 update 1 was installed)
2) Microsoft Virtual WiFi Minipot Adapter_03 - events: "Device configured null" 9.4.2014 (when 8.1 update 1 was installed)
3) Usb Camera - events: "Device configured null" 9.4.2014 (when 8.1 update 1 was installed)

And if I try to update drivers above I get: Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attemting to install it
xxxxxxx Device
The system cannot find the file specified

I think this proofs that something has happened to drivers when update 1 was installed. But how to recover?

Best regards

Laakspen

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Laakspen,

Thank you for the information provided and I appreciate the steps that you have tried to resolve the issue.

Have you downloaded the driver from a trusted source? Is it from the Manufacturer website?

There could be some third party program conflicts with the driver installation. Let's place the computer in clean boot state and try to install the driver manually(Online).

Method 1: Clean boot

Place the computer in clean boot and check for the issue.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with clean boot, please follow the section ‘How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot’ under ‘more information’ in the article to put your computer back to normal startup.

Method 2:

As you have mentioned that the driver works with Windows 8, you may install the application in Windows 8 compatibility mode and see if it helps.

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8 with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

Thanks Winston!

I have got the driver cd from manufactures. I cannot found drivers for this USB-tv fom internet.

I tried both methods you suggested but no success.

Funny when installing I checked from Windows update if there is some updates. There were one 2,6 mb with number KB2919355. This is the number of the famous win 8.1 update 1 and only 2,6 mb .I installed it with success and tried to install drivers again, but drivers were not installed.

What to try next?

BR

Laakspen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Laakspen, 

Were you able to install the drivers after uninstalling the KB 2919355 update? 

Reply with the status. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

Thanks Winston.

I have succesfully istalled KB2919355 9.4.2014 (the big update). Then windows update offered 19.4.2014 again KB2919355 and it was only 2,6 mb. First attempt to install failed, but my internet connection was not established. I have internet update history attached. Second update was fast and successful.

I admire why KB2919355 came second time and was so small. But this not the basic problem. It's isntalling drivers.

I have not had success to install TV-dongle drivers since first KB2919355 installation (9.4.2014). When I install those from manufactures cd. Installation is ok, but when I connect the stick it cannot find drivers. RTL2832U is in device manager under "Other devices" and marked with yellow warning. Driver status code is 28 (=driver not istalled). When I try to update driver using "update button" I get error "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attemting to install it
REALTEK 2832U Device
The system cannot find the file specified."

I found in internet drivers for RTL2832U from internet for anorther TV-dongle, which uses same Realtek's chip as my TV-stick. Tried to install from this download, but the result was same: Successful installation, but drivers can not be found. The installation folder was the same.

And notice that after KB2919355 installation I get for some other devices same error when trying to update diver. Those trivers were also configured null when KB2919355 was installed: Example:

Adio Device on High Definition Audio Bus - events: "Device configured null" 9.4.2014 (when 8.1 update 1 was installed). These drivers have been described in my earlier post.

Can this be some registry error / drivers are not in right folder or something like it?

Best regards

Laakspen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Laakspen, 

Thank you for replying with more information. 

It looks like we need to install the latest chipset drivers from Manufacturer website. 

http://www.asus.com/support/

You may enter the model number and download and install the latest chipset drivers and check the results. 

Hope this information helps. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

I don't understand your advice. Windows 8.1 gets update 1 from Windows automatic updates. It destroys some of my drivers. I have laptop manufactured by Asus. I have third party TV-stick which was destroyed by Windows automatic update and MS support says contact Asus. I have already contacted TV-stick manufactures, which says that drivers works in Windows 8 and 8.1.

I think it is MS which should give support in this case when update has destroyed functionality.

I'm very frustrated, because I have also several days trying to update another computer, my desktop Windows 8.1 with update 1 and it fails every time. How can this be that difficult for Microsoft?

Regards

Laakspen 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

I have not contacted Asus as adviced because they have nothing to do with this issue. This is other vendors tv-stick and they told that win 8.1 works. Problems started with this and some other drivers when update 1 was installed. All these updates tries give same error "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attemting to install it
XXXX XXXX XXXXXX
The system cannot find the file specified."

I still have the problem and don't know what to try now.

BR

Laakspen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for replying with the status.

It looks after the update the old drivers are not compatible. You may have to check if there is any newly released rivers after the Windows 8.1 Update release.

You may also check if the device is working on a different computer.

Hope this information helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi!

I tried to install drivers to my desktop which is running Windows 8.1 without update 1 (without update 1 because it wont install to my desktop for some unknown reason, MS support case set up for it). 

In my desktop driver installation went without problem. Drivers installed and the tv-stick works fine.

I still think that update 1 has destroyed something in my laptop running now win 8.1.1, because some other drivers went also to bad status when update 1 was installed.

BR

Laakspen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2022 Views 3,840 Applies to: