Application popup: Windows - Application Error : The instruction at 0xd7c1d673 referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read.

I have Windows 8.1 all up to date

I'm getting the following error  frequently in my system evt log

Application popup: Windows - Application Error : The instruction at 0xd7c1d673 referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

GUID: 47BFA2B7-BD54-4FAC-B70B-29021084CA8F - this points to %SR%\System32\winsrv.dll

ProccessID:520 - csrss.exe Client Server Runtime Process

ThreadID 636

NB. no app popup actually appears

it errors once then 25seconds later errors again

then 3 minutes and repeats

the system will shut down unexpectedly and reboot

M

Question Info

Last updated November 17, 2018 Views 6,554 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community forum. Let me assist you with your concern.

To fix this problem, use the following methods in the order in which they are listed. After each method, check if problem is fixed. If the problem is not fixed, try the next method.

Method 1: If you get any error after running SFC scan. You can use DISM restore health command to fix Windows corruption errors issue. Refer this Microsoft article:

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/en-us

Method 2: If issue still persist, try refreshing the PC. Since we have tried most of the troubleshooting steps refreshing the PC might fix the issue. For more information refer this Microsoft article:

How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Note: I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi,

To make sure that you get the best answer to your concern, we suggest that you post this query to Microsoft Technet as this matter is best handled by their level of support and expertise. To do this, kindly visit this link.

Best regards.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.