ActiveMovie Window: MMLoadDrv.exe - Entry Point not found error

I constantly have the error message - "The procedure entry point_crt Create Symbolic LinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll."

This is a new laptop running Windows 8.1.

I have looked in the Windows\System 32 folder and the MSVCP110.dll is present. I have copied it and renamed it etc but the error message continues to appear. It will not close and remains on the screen permanently.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Question Info

Last updated November 4, 2018 Views 9,404 Applies to:

Hi Dprest135,

We have to analyze the issue to find the issue cause and resolution. Check if you can experience the issue in ‘Safe mode’; if safe mode works fine then set the computer to ‘Clean boot’ state to check for software conflicts.

Step 1:

Check the issue status in the safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Step 2:

Keep the computer in a clean boot status and check. If everything works fine after a clean boot, you can infer that some third party services are causing the issue. Proceed with the remaining steps to pin-point out the third party service. Once you figure out the issue causing program, you may have to update or install a latest version of the program.

Keep the computer in a clean boot status and check.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please refer to the section: “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

I would also suggest you to check the event viewer for the details error report, follow the steps provided to check the Event viewer logs.

a) Move the mouse to the bottom left corner and right-click on the start.

b) Select ‘Event Viewer’ and click an event log in the left pane.

c) Expand ‘Windows logs’ and click on ‘System’ to check for the logs.

d) Provide the system log files.

Refer to the following link, the information provide in the following link is applicable to Windows 8.1 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-information-event-logs-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have exactly the same issue.  brand new computer running 8.1 with the exact same error message.   is there any solution?

Sorry this didn't help.

I constantly have the error message - "The procedure entry point_crt Create Symbolic LinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll."

This is a new laptop running Windows 8.1.

I have looked in the Windows\System 32 folder and the MSVCP110.dll is present. I have copied it and renamed it etc but the error message continues to appear. It will not close and remains on the screen permanently.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Sorry this didn't help.

in true Microsoft helpful tradition, the only solution seems to be to re-instal Windows 8. obviously the sooner you do that the easier it is and you are less likely to lose anything. Windows 8 is the most unhelpful, counter-intuitive system that I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. My advice to anyone would be that if they are faced with Windows 8 - buy a Mac!

Sorry this didn't help.

Run the DISM tool and check if that helps.

Refer to “Run the DISM tool” section. Please ignore the thread title.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-update-error-0x800b0100

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Check for Windows updates and install all of the latest updates for windows version. It may resolve your issue. 

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Olá eu estou tendo o mesmo problema - ActiveMovie Janela erro de sistema, mas meu computador é o Windows 7 Professional .. Eu gostaria que alguém poderia me ajudar porque desconhece tal problema e esta mensagem aparece apenas no tempo de inicialização do Windows .. Aguardo respostas, obrigado ..

Sorry this didn't help.