4 Healthy (Recovery Partition) Partitions?

I'm not sure why, but I have 4 Healthy (Recovery Partition)'s, as you can see in the screenshot below. Is this normal?

Hi Chris,

What is the make and model of the computer?

Recovery Partition is a special partition on the hard drive used to restore the system in the event of problem. Recovery Partition drive can be seen in Windows Explorer as a usable drive, you should not attempt to store files in it. Different Manufacturer chooses different ways to create recovery partition on the computer. If you have more queries regarding this issue, you may have to contact computer Manufacturer.

Mostly Manufacturers does not recommend destroying the Recovery partition or the Recovery data. The fastest, most reliable method of recovering the computer is recovering from the hard drive. If the recovery partition is removed, the only method of recovery is from discs which are slower and can be scratched and damaged.

If you need more disk storage space, consider adding another hard drive - either internal or external.

Hope this information helps.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a Samsung laptop, model: NP350E7C-A01US

In Windows Explorer, I am not able to see any of my recovery partitions, I only see my C drive.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Chris,

The recovery partitions might have integrated to the operating system and may not have the permission to view on the Windows Explorer. I would suggest you to contact computer Manufacturer to get more information regarding this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The 500 MB and 23 GB are OEM original partitions.  The 350 MB one was put there during the 8 to 8.1 update to set up the 8.1 recovery options.

I have no idea what the 1 GB partition is, but as was mentioned, different OEMs have different ways of setting up their systems.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 20,459 Applies to: