Windows 8.1: MMC has detected an error in snap-in and will unload it

for the past few days I am unable to access the internet even though I am connected to it.

I tried all the blogs and solutions listed ...the problem seems to be one of the firewall of windows where when one goes in the advanced settings the following error is displayed.

also as a additional input before the access to the internet stopped my internet explorer was crashing regularly due to low system memory even though I had 30 GB on my hard disk and cpu usage was nil.

also was using bitdefender total security 2013 as an antivirus till then when it expired  the problem started a few days after that (internet explorer crash).

could u please solve this problem of mine. 

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Is this computer on a domain network?

2. What are the steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

Let's analyze and identify the cause of the issue. Perform the steps provided here.

I would suggest you to boot the device to safe mode and check.

Step 1: Let’s check the network status in Safe mode with networking.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Step 2: Clean boot

If you do not face the issue in safe mode, then put your computer in clean boot and check.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with clean boot, please follow the section ‘How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot’ under ‘more information’ in the article to put your computer back to normal startup.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Winston...

thanks for the reply.

I have tried all the ideas mentioned by you but to no avail ...

my main problem is that I am not able to access the internet ...ie my internet explorer or chrome or firefox..(I tried them all) is not able to access the internet even though the net is connected..

the mail app receives emails but no links open...the windows app store opens and apps update intall but no link opens even no peer-to peer  networks are connecting...

the msg on the explorer is always website has moved  or no connection....

I have tried all settings

please help...

thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Piyush,

Please provide what all troubleshooting steps have you performed to rectify the issue.

If your computer is having problems browsing the web with Windows Internet Explorer , try running the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues, such as whether you have enough space on your computer's hard disk to store temporary Internet files.

You can run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the bottom-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, then click Search.)
  2. Enter Troubleshooting in the search box, then tap or click Troubleshooting.

3. Tap or click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.

If you need any further assistance with Windows Operating System, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Jessen thanks for your reply...

I had tied all these ideas earlier only before putting in the help request ... i have anyway sorted my problem by restoring my computer to default factory setting in the bargain lost some data but am not down loading all the updates and getting online again

thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 27, 2019 Views 1,187 Applies to: