How to show and connect to ad-hoc in windows 8.1 pro with wmc

Hi there !
I have updated my windows 8 pro to windows 8.1 pro with wmc, but when i want to connet to an ad-hoc network, i can't found any ad-hoc network, so how to show and connect to ad-hoc in windows 8.1 ?
if there are no way to connect with tools in windows, so can you give me the reference link to download thrid-party tools to show and connect to the ad-hoc network ?
thanks you for the answer

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2019 Views 23,118 Applies to:
Answer

Its working for me now.

Yes this has been a major problem for me as I use my Phone WiFi to use internet and it's a Ad-Hoc Network. Somehow my Wifi Dongle from "D-Link" is able to detect and connect to any Ad-Hoc network. This wnot possible with the in-built wireless lan in the laptop.

Earlier I had tried the longer route through CMD mentioned in the chains of responses here, but the WiFi network used to drop put very frequently. So I sticked with the WiFi Dongle solution instead.

Recently, I again tried to connect to the Ad-Hoc network hoping that some recent Windows Patch would have fixed the problem. Alas the same "Exclamation Mark" in the taskbar, saying I have limited connection and no link to Internet. Then I ran Network Diagnostics on the same to see if that brings out something new. The result was a message saying "DHCP not enabled for your <Wireless LAN Name>". I let the Diagnostic Tool do an autofix and "Mama Mia", no exclamation mark!!!!!, I am connected to the Internet now.

I tried restarting and reconnecting and it works fine now.

Let me know if this works for everyone.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.