Your PC Cannot Project to Another Screen

The title of this is the error message I receive. I've tried everything I have been able to find to correct this issue, however nothing is working for me. I've tried just a simple reinstall of drivers, installing them in compatibility mode, manual install of drivers (both normal and in compatibility mode), different cables and monitors - nothing gets me anywhere. If anyone has any other suggestions, besides going back to windows 8, please let me know. I have yet to see a post where this issue was solved for an individual - so I'm hoping there is something really easy that I've overlooked.

Computer details:

HP Pavilion TS 15-n046us Notebook PC

Intel Core i5-4200 CPU

64 bit OS / processor

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2018 Views 69 Applies to:

Your PC Cannot Project to Another Screen

The title of this is the error message I receive.

I have only seen this once, when I was updating W8.1 on my old tx2.  I just use it essentially as a desktop machine and in this case after the update the monitor came up looking as if the connector had fallen off.  E.g. a message to that effect was rolling over it which is only generated by the monitor.  I checked and the connector was still there and not loose.  Although I have never needed it before I have always had Win-P, CursorUp, Enter in my mind as a contingency for when I see a blank screen.  So, even though this wasn't exactly a blank screen I tried using that keystroke sequence.  Nothing changed so I opened the tablet's screen and keyboard and saw the message that you are complaining about.  I had no idea there was anything that specific for Win-P to show us.

So, off hand, if you aren't giving a Win-P, CursorUp, Enter too my guess would be that your video support is somehow confused and thinking that there is another monitor to use as your primary which really isn't there.  Do you have another monitor you could use to check?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.