Wireless keyboard and mouse not working right since windows 8.1 update

The keyboard works most of the time but lags and the mouse is not working at all. I have read a bunch of these forums and I don't understand how Microsoft has not put out a patch and fixed this problem. It either has to do with the Bluetooth setting, drivers or how they suspended USB devices to save energy. This problem is getting really annoying and I also updated my mobo and all windows updates as well. Any help please. 

Thanks 
Answer
Answer

Hi Graham,

1. What is the make and model of the computer and “Wireless keyboard and mouse”?

2. Have you installed the language pack on your computer?

Since you have updated to Windows 8.1, the issue may occur if the correct drivers are not installed for the keyboard and mouse.

Let’s try the following steps and check.

Method 1:

Step 1:

You need to install the Windows 8.1 drivers/software for the Wireless keyboard and mouse” from the device manufacturer website and check.

You may also try running the Windows Updates to check for optional driver and firmware updates for the keyboard and mouse.

Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions

Step 2:

If you don’t have Windows 8.1 drivers, you may follow the steps to install the drivers in Windows 8 compatibility mode and check.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down menu.

d. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may try to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. Press “Windows key + W” from the keyboard.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2020 Views 4,979 Applies to: