Question

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR while installing NVidia driver, downloaded direct from the source

JMS94553 asked on

I found a solution, see my second post below

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^EDIT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, so, my nvtray told me there was a new driver available for me, I downloaded it and got to installing it, and the driver made it about 10% of the way into installing before the new Frowny Screen of Death came up, telling me to look up the above error. Everything I've found so far tells me to try installing the latest NVIDIA driver, which is exactly what I was trying to do when it happened -.-''

After the reboot, a dialog box titled "RunDLL" came up, with the following message...
> "There was a problem starting NVCPL.DLL
> Invalid access to memory location."
I didn't think to screenshot at the time because I figured it'd come up again when I tried to install the driver again, but instead this second message came up which I did screenshot, and has been appearing in the subsequent times I tried to install the driver.
http://sta.sh/08919yutau5 (uploaded to Deviantart.com's sta.sh site, should be viewable by anyone without an account)

At first it sounded like a permissions problem, now it's trying to run it as an application(?) which is entirely beyond me.

I read in other threads that came up that the Community needs the DMP file(s) to possibly figure out what happened, yeah? I've got that ready already, but there was only one file I could find, despite having done it at least three times;

Here's some stats about my computer ('cause I dunno if they're in the DMP file or not);
• HP ENVY TouchSmart 17t-j100 Quad Edition Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
• 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4900MQ Processor
• NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory
• The page to download the setup file that the NVIDIA site pointed me to; http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/71706/en-us

I dunno what else to give you. I can't roll back the driver any more than it is now because it's a brand new laptop, but just outside the Returns window (._. ,) And I can't update to the most current driver 'cause that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Please assist, thanx.

15 people had this question

Abuse history

progress