Upgraded to Windows 8.1, now my lexmark printer driver won't communicate.

I bought this new laptop in August, it came with Windows 8 and worked fine. I installed my old printer from 2009 and it was working well with windows 8. After my upgrade to windows 8 I kept getting communication errors with the printer, I called Lexmark and we had came to the conclusion the driver was not functioning properly. 

I reinstalled the printer three times but still no avail, still an issue with the driver.

I have this message when I check printer properties:

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver lxdnprc.inf_amd64_a10e19c5a3985bc3\lxdnprc.inf for Device Instance ID USBPRINT\LEXMARK_2600_SERIES\7&6A00334&0&USB001 with the following status: 0x0.

This was a great printer and still works well, but with Windows 8.1 Iit's a no go. Am I going to have to buy a new printer? 
Answer
Answer

Hi,

This is what I have needed to do with my X5340 using the original XP installation CD... The newer stuff doesn't have the needed drivers for the scanner to work...

BTW... this is a USB only model...

1) Completely unhook your printer from the computer.

2) In Devices+ Printers, right click on your printer and select "REMOVE"... if your printer has a Fax also, REMOVE it first, then the printer...

3) Go to Control Panel... Administrative Tools... Services... right click on "PRINT SPOOLER" and select "STOP"

4) Uninstall your Lexmark Software and Reboot...

5) Stop the "PRINT SPOOLER" again.

6) Right click on the Lexmark installer\setup file, and select PROPERTIES... COMPATIBILITY Tab.

Check the Compatibility Mode box and select a version of windows in which your printer worked

properly.. Win 7 or earlier might be best... even XP SP3 possibly... Then run the installation...

The Print Spooler should restart on it's own, and you should now be able to print...

I don't have a wireless printer to check, but I would guess that you may need to unplug it from the wall.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2019 Views 18,658 Applies to: