Two finger right click does not work

I recently installed Windows 8.1 and the two finger right click gesture on my touchpad stopped working. Before the update it was working fine. I do not know how to fix it.

Question Info

Last updated June 17, 2019 Views 17,679 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I recently installed Windows 8.1 and the two finger right click gesture on my touchpad stopped working. Before the update it was working fine. I do not know how to fix it.
Hey, I personally found this way for the 2 Finger-click to work out after searching for 4-5 months ( I am assuming your touchpad is Synaptics; as mine is) : 

1. To re-enable two finger tap, press Windows key + R, enter "regedit" then press enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2

2. In the right pane, double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" (Hexadecimal) for right click, or a "4" (Hexadecimal) for middle click

3. Double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

4. In the right pane, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3.

4. Additionally, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".

5. Restart your PC and you can see the changes well enough.

Note: You should be careful enough while changing the keys in the Registry, as any deletion or wrong entry may create problems in running Windows. 

Good Luck!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
To the above 'Jeet Das's answer, I'd like to add that on my Lenovo IdeaPad Y500, the settings that needed to be changed were under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadSMB2c

Thanks Jeet!

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.