The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.

Hi
My computer crashes and says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. So I go and check my event logs when I log back on and this is the only warning that occurred before the crash "The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice." 

This is the event log:

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date:          1/30/2014 8:27:21 PM
Event ID:      219
Task Category: (212)
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Jason
Description:
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
    <EventID>219</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>212</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-01-31T01:27:21.323086100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3418</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="468" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Jason</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="DriverNameLength">43</Data>
    <Data Name="DriverName">SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">3221226341</Data>
    <Data Name="FailureNameLength">14</Data>
    <Data Name="FailureName">\Driver\WudfRd</Data>
    <Data Name="Version">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

If anyone could help me it would be great.

Answer
Answer

Hi Cogger,

Thank you for the event viewer logs.

1. Did you make any hardware/software changes to the computer prior to the issue?

2. Do you have any third party antivirus installed on the computer?

3. Do you have all the latest drivers installed on the computer?

4. When exactly do you get this error message?

This Stop message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory address to which it did not have permission to access. The most common cause of this error is an incorrect or corrupted pointer that references an incorrect location in memory. It might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

WudfRd is Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Reflector and is one of the Windows files. It is to be found in Windows System32 Drivers.

Method 1:

Temporarily remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer. Disconnect any Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices and printers, and remove the network adapter, sound card, serial adapters, and so on.

Method 2:

You may also try to change the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service from Automatic (delayed) to Automatic.

Steps:

a. Press Windows key + R

b. Type services.msc into the search box.

c. Go down the list to find Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework.

d. Double click on it and change startup type to Automatic.

Method 3:

Temporarily disable or uninstall any third party antivirus application (if installed) and check if the issue persists.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope this resolves the issue. If the issue persists, you can write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Thanks
I think the problem was my ssd because when I disconnected it, it works fine now. So I guess I'll just wait for the updated drivers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 7, 2020 Views 28,615 Applies to: