System thread exception not handled antiwb6.sys windows 8.1

Hi.

I recently purchased a machine with windows 8.1 on. I turned it on and plugged in the monitor but got no response from the monitor when in the graphics card slot. I turned it off and removed the graphics card and restarted but when it started up I got the error "System thread exception not handled antiwb6.sys". I had to repair the windows installation but whenever I tried to install the graphics card again it was unresponsive and if I used the disc when it wasn't installed it would pop up with that same error just before finishing installation. I've installed the latest driver from their website but still nothing, it doesn't respond at all. The card is an amd radeon r7 250.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Hi Stephen,

It would be great if you can let’s know the following information to assist you in a better way:

1)       What is the make and model of your computer?

2)       Did you install the latest graphics card drivers from the AMD website?

The Blue Screen error usually occurs when a serious problem causes the computer to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This type of errors usually happens when there are some driver issues on the computer. However, it might also be due to some other software/hardware reasons.

In this case, the “System Thread Exception Not Handled” error seems to be due to the incompatible or old graphics card drivers on the computer.

In order to fix this issue, the computer must be restarted in safe mode. Once after booting the computer in Safe Mode, we’ll uninstall the incompatible graphics card driver from the Device Manager and then we can download and install the latest drivers either from the AMD or the computer manufacturer’s website.

To do this, I would suggest you to try the suggestions given by the Microsoft Support Engineer “Vijin V” from the thread link given below:

Downloaded Windows 8.1 and now computer will not boot

Once after the problematic graphics card driver is uninstalled from the computer, you may download and install the latest drivers from the AMD/the computer manufacturer’s website. You may try the latest drivers from this link:

AMD Catalyst™ Notebook Display Driver

Please get back to us with the updates.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems that my problem was hardware related rather than software related. The card itself was faulty and the provider is going to replace it for me.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for sharing the updates with us.

If this is hardware related issue, then replacing the fault hardware would probably fix the issue. If you need any further assistance with Windows Operating System, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.
Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2018 Views 1,530 Applies to: