logitech h390 headset not working after upgrading to 8.1

My Logitech H390 headset was working fine in 8.0 but as soon as I upgraded to 8.1, I had a different driver (a Windows Advanced Audio device driver) and my old driver was nowhere to be found. The H390 does not work at all with this new driver and Logitech has not been able to help me. Anyone have any ideas? I use my headset every day and right now it's useless!

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2019 Views 1,299 Applies to:

You should be able to find the old driver on your system drive under windows.old\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\. Do an update driver on the device in the device manager and point to this folder. You may have to take the advanced options in the update wizard to force install the driver.

-Eliyas

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You should be able to find the old driver on your system drive under windows.old\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\. Do an update driver on the device in the device manager and point to this folder. You may have to take the advanced options in the update wizard to force install the driver.

-Eliyas

Hello Eliyas:

Thank you for getting back to me. I am not finding a windows.old folder in my system.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have purchased a new computer which came with 8.1, and I see that this was a mistake.

My headset with usb is not recognized in any way. My ear buds plugged in the speaker holes in the front of the computer has an enormous amount of static and clicking which is why I am trying to install my Logitec headset.

I transcribe medical reports for 8 to 12 hours a day, and this is causing me great difficulty in the clarity of the dictation. I'm sure you wouldn't want your medical reports transcribed by anyone with this problem!

Sheryl

Sorry this didn't help.

logitech usb headset h390 is not working in my Window 8.1.

How to fix it?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was actually able to make contact with an online chat with Microsoft and they helped me download some things. It didn't seem to help at the time, but now that this subject has come up again, I realize that the noise I had in my headset is now gone.

I wish I knew the web address, but I don't recall. Try checking the Microsoft Community.

They did say that I should have a usb connection rather than using the speaker holes in front, but that wasn't possible for me and I am still using the front speaker holes. As I said, all appears to be well at this time.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.