Lapop Mouse Setting On Windows 8.1

Hy, I'm arif from Indonesia.. I Just upgrade my windows 8 to windows 8.1, but here is the problem.. my mouse scroll on laptop doesn't work properly untill once I set it up from driver properties. It used ELAN Pointing device driver. When all are fixed, then the mouse working properly. But the problem is, It settings doesn't work anymore once I restart my laptop.. And then I have to go to mouse properties and do same things everytime my laptop restarted.. Anyone help me solve this problems? Thank you
|

Hi Arif,

Please answer these questions for a better understanding of this issue.

1)       Did you install the latest mouse device drivers from the mouse manufacturer’s website?

2)       Do you have any other mouse driver software installed on the computer?

If you have a touchpad on the computer, I would suggest you to use it because, when you use an external mouse on the laptop, it may cause conflict with the touchpad device. You may use the external mouse only when it is necessary in some situations, eg: playing a game.

If you have any other mouse driver software installed on the computer, then this could be caused by the driver conflicts of the 2 devices. So, if you are no longer using the second mouse on the computer, you may try uninstalling it and check if that helps. Please follow these steps to uninstall the second mouse driver and its software from the Device Manager and Programs and Features.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b)       Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c)       Search for the mouse device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the drivers from the computer.

d)       Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Now go to Programs and Features and uninstall all the software for this mouse and check if that resolves the issue. Please follow these instructions:

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that menu.

b)       In the list of programs, click on the conflicting mouse software title, click on “Uninstall, and then click “Yes. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.

c)       Repeat the preceding step to remove all the other software related to this mouse device.

d)       Restart the computer.

Now, check if the issue persists, if it still persists, then try a clean boot and check if this is caused by any third party application/service on the computer.

Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem. Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Follow the steps given in this link to perform a clean boot on the computer. You may please note that performing a clean boot does not fix the actual issue. It just helps us in identifying the root cause of the issue.

If the issue does not occur in clean boot, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions given in the article “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot” under the section “More information” from the same given link.

Important: After you have finished troubleshooting, refer to the article “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” for Windows 8, given under the section “More Information” to reset the computer to start as usual from the above link.

Hope this is helpful. Please get back to us with the results.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for help,
well, sorry for confusing but The really I mean is my "touchpad" on my laptop. So we aren't talking about an external mouse. More spesificly is, as we know there is "up and down" and "right and left" scroll fuction on "touchpad" right? here is the problems, those scroll doesn't work properly until I need to configure it on Mouse properties. Others fuction was fine. So everytime I start up my windows 8.1, I need to re configure it on Mouse properties/hardware (elan smartpad ps/2)/setting/confiure and enable all fuction/apply,ok.
When all it's done, then the touchpad working properly. My scroll fuction well. But no longer after I restarted my laptop, the setting restore as never setting up before, then i have to reconfigure it once again. It happens till now since the last I upgrade my Windows 8 to 8.1 couple days ago. I've checked online to fine update software for that hardware and it telling me that my driver was the latest update. The matter that confusing me is, it seems like windows doesn's save my setting after I shut down. 
Please help me, and confirm me if any others that u like to know. Thank u  

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having this same problem on my acer aspire E1-571 after upgrading to windows 8.1

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem on Gigabyte U2442. However, I found that getting the scroll to work simply requires opening the Mouse properties, then clicking OK. I do not have to go into the ELAN settings at all - the act of going into mouse properties seems to be the only trigger for proper functioning. I tried comparing the running services before and after, but didn't see any relevant differences. There seems to be something preventing the driver from being loaded at startup but that does load it with the mouse property open trigger?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Has they been any resolve with this issue? I'm still having to open up the mouse properties to enable the scroll function just like spteh.
Every time a new update comes out I think its going to fix the problem but it doesn't. My mouse driver is up to date etc. This is driving me mad now, its been going on for so long.
Any help?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a Packard bell easy note and have exactly the same problem. After updating from windows 8 to 8.1 it seemed to work fine but since shutting down and restarting again the touchpad will not scroll.

It is very frustrating as this is a very useful feature.  My driver is also up to date.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a compac presario cq61, i have the same problem after installing windows 8.1, it all worked fine under windows7.......

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 5, 2018 Views 3,783 Applies to: