Question

Q: IWDAud_Device Continually Loads This thread is locked from future replies

Bumping this up. I've had ongoing problems since 16 May. Two IWDAud_Devices load over and over and over again. When they do, the screen goes black for a second, if I'm online, Mozilla Firefox will either crash or hang. I hit Escape to get them to stop. But they always come back.

Another forum told me this is related to the Windows update KB3022345, which is causing problems for many computers.

What I've Done:

• Updated Firefox. Refreshed Firefox. - NO EFFECT.
  • Checked for Registry errors and fixed them with Ccleaner.
  • Checked for updates to devices and drivers
  • Changed updates setting to NOT automatically load.
  • Did a microsoft security scan - no issues
  • Checked plugins - all updated
  • Ran a System Restore but the updates reloaded.
  • Attempted to install Intel WiDi Update but it failed because my system does not support it.
  • Ran deep scans for malware 2x - nothing detected. Used MalwareBytes.
  • Produced a CBS log but can't get it interpreted.
  • Did a DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command. No effect.
  • and other things I don't recall over the last 7 days, including reading a bunch of logs supplied to me on this forum.

Whatever is causing this constant loading is persistent and immune to all these fixes.

Can someone please help?

I use my laptop for my livelihood to supplement my pension & I really need it functioning. I've been at this 7 days and am at my wits end.

Windows 8.1

Using an ASUS Ultrabook w Intel Core i5

Browser Mozilla Firefox 38.0.1

Answer

A:

Hello Ann,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the two IWDAud Devices load over and over again and it impact the running applications including Mozilla Firefox. I will certainly help you with the issue.

1. Have you recently made any changes on your computer, prior to the issue?

2. Which forum suggested you that the issue is related with KB3022345?

3. Is there any Windows Update which has been failed recently?

Note: To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the underlying steps: 
  1. Press Windows + C, to open charms bar.

2. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

3. In the left pane, click View update history.

As of now, I recommend you to go through following methods:

Method 1:

Please put the computer in Clean Boot mode and check if you are getting the error message.

Boot the computer in a Clean Boot state and check the status. A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application service or startup item is causing this issue.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

If issue persists, scan your computer using SFC Scan to fix the possible corruption of Windows system components.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. 

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

If issue continues, please reply with the details and the screenshot of the error message.

Refer the link for How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Shivam Kesarwani

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 5503 Last updated: January 4, 2018 Applies to: