How to debug a Miracast connection?

Hello,

I have a Surface Pro (v1) and an Asus K52Jc laptop, I also have a Miracast HDMI dongle (http://mocreo.com/ipush-miracast-airplay-dlna-wifi-hdmi.html) which seems to be working quite well in DLNA mode and that switches to the Miracast mode with apparently no problem.

My problem is that (after dealing with all drivers updates I could find for both my devices) I finally see my Miracast dongle in the "Find display" flyout, it is listed as a "Television", but every time I try to connect from each device, it just times out and displays this message dialog:

Which litterally means in English: "That didn't work" / "Try again and ensure that television is still detectable".

I've tried on both of the devices (their graphics and wifi drivers are up-to-date) and on 2 different televisions about 20 times and I don't see any error in any of Windows' Event Viewers.

I've also tried to shut down the Firewall but that didn't change anything.

Is there a way to actually see what is going on? Like a secret debugging tool? :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pierre

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2019 Views 9,651 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
My Windows 7 laptop won't even try to install the driver, it keeps saying the driver doesn't match with the connected device... :(

I tried to contact the Mocreo team, yes all the forms are broken but one, the general "contact us" form which I used to ask them why the adapter doesn't allow Windows 8.1 devices, no answer since 3 weeks, I don't think I'll ever get one!

Thanks for your help but I think this thing is going to take dust on a shelf in my garage...

The driver is for after it's been switched into update mode.

That being said, even though firmware on mine updated, it still isn't connecting.  I'm hoping it is either a Microsoft problem which will be fixed or a firmware problem on the iPush for which an update will appear. The current version *is* marked rc1....

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
My Windows 7 laptop won't even try to install the driver, it keeps saying the driver doesn't match with the connected device... :(

I tried to contact the Mocreo team, yes all the forms are broken but one, the general "contact us" form which I used to ask them why the adapter doesn't allow Windows 8.1 devices, no answer since 3 weeks, I don't think I'll ever get one!

Thanks for your help but I think this thing is going to take dust on a shelf in my garage...

A quick update:

I managed to get through to Mocreo's support staff.  They have fixed the firmware image on their site (even though it still reads 3.0). My Dell Venue 8 Pro is now working with the iPush. So, maybe your device will, too.

Go here to get it:

http://mocreo.com/mobile-accessories/screen-cast/ipush-miracast-airplay-dlna-wifi-hdmi.html

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.