I have a problem with a vehicle computer with Windows 8.1/Windows10 and Modem with SIM card.
On windows startup, I excute an Internet Dial-up connection and after that I execute a Dial-up VPN connection.
Everything works fine as long as the modem will lose the signal; than I get 633 error and I have to restart windows.
The problem does not occur if I use only Dial-up internet connection without VPN connection.
The problem does not occur with Windows 7
I have tried to follow the instructions described in this thread:
I tried to kill RasMan process but after that I lose dial-up connections in "Network connections".
Then, I execute "sc start rasman" and Dial-up connections are available again but I still get 633 Error.
In this state, if I change modem COM port, Internet and VPN connections works fine again so I suppose that some services lock the COM port.
I installed all windows updates but did not solve the problem
I can not ask the customer to restart windows while on the job
Thank you in advance and excuse me for english